These are other current initiatives that we know about. If you’re running one that’s not on our list, please get in touch!
- Archive-It has a team of people capturing Ukrainian government sites, and the .ua domain in general
- Library of Congress: archiving websites from Ukraine and the Russian-annexed areas.
- Ivy Plus SEEES affinity group: adding endangered sites from the region (including Ukraine) to an IPLC digital collection called Eastern Europe and Former Soviet Union (on Internet Archive).
- UC Berkley: documenting Ukraine Crisis 2022 on Archive-IT; it is a continuation of their Crimean Crisis Web Archive. Contact is Liladhar Pendse.
- Internet Archive Global Events: discussion is under way for a web archiving project on the war in Ukraine.
- American Folklore Society: backups of research and collection data for folklorists, ethnologists, and heritage institutions in Ukraine. We welcome colleagues in need to email: [email protected]
- University of Alberta’s U-ART project: data backup for archival institutions, research institutions, individual scholars in all disciplines. Contact U-ART.
- “Backup Ukraine” project by the Danish UNESCO National Commission and Blue Shield Denmark. Volunteers can digitally preserve important architecture, landmarks, and monuments using an app that creates a 3D scan.